If I had to choose another city to hang my Santa hat, my #1 pick would be New York City. I've visited New York at other times throughout the year, but never during the 'Most Wonderful Time of the Year!' If you're one of the lucky ones and are headed to the Big Apple for a visit, here's a list of Holiday Traditions you don't want to miss!
- Rockefeller Center Plaza - Breakfast with Santa, skating on the famous ice rink and probably the most celebrated Christmas tree around! 30,000 lights bright - a tradition since the 1930's!
- FAO Schwartz - New York's most famous toy store with real-life toy soldiers that greet their customers!
- Radio City Music Hall's Christmas Spectacular featuring the infamous kicks of the Rockettes. A must see!
- New York City Ballet performance of 'The Nutcracker' at Lincoln Center is said to be magical, even for those who would rather take in a performance of the New York Giants!
- Grand Central Station - Grand Central Station is a must see itself. The New York Transit Museum's Holiday Train Show on display until February makes it even more so!
- Macy's - The Holiday windows of Macy's New York are said to be a sight to see and what kid (or adult) doesn't want to experience the magic of 'Santaland'!
- Central Park - If the rink is too crowded at Rockefeller Center, head over to Central Park and try your hand at ice skating on Trump Wollman Rink. (tip: it's cheaper too!)
And who knows, you might even run into one of these or a number of other celebrities usually spotted around the city!
|Josiah Kamau/Buzz Foto via People|
Heidi Klum and bodyguard boyfriend Martin Kirsten take an afternoon stroll
|Photo credit: Jae Donnelly/INF via People|
Married life seems to be agreeing with Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake
|Photo credit: Andrew Marks/Picture group via People|
Kate Hudson looking gorgeous at a beauty launch for Almay Cosmetics
|Photo credit: Alo Ceballos/Film Magic via People|
|Photo credit: Chris Watts/INF via People|
|Photo credit: Bryan Smith/Zuma via People|
|Photo credit: Jackson Lee/Splash News Online via People|
And because I've shared with you just a few ways to celebrate the Holiday's in New York City, you can see why they call her 'The City that Never Sleeps'! With so much to see and do, there's no time for shut eye!!
Until next time...