Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Funky Friday ~ Holiday Crafts For Kids!

I realize it's only Tuesday, but the post below was what I had setup to publish last Friday. After the devastating and horrific events in Newtown, I didn't feel right about posting an up-beat blog about something so trivial in the scheme of things. Before I get to my 'Funky Friday' post below, I wanted to link to a great resource I found if anyone else is wondering how (other than our prayers), we can help and support the families of Sandy Hook and Newtown, Connecticut: link.

________________________________________________________

My first time doing a Funky Friday blog post! It's kind of fun to have the opportunity to write about anything under the sun for a change. I wanted to show you all what I was up to last Friday with a friend and our two little ones... Making reindeer feet!

Blake's {not-so-little} footies!


No, we definitely did think this up ourselves! My friend came across the idea while browsing Pinterest. If you want to try it out for yourself, here's the original blog post.

Here's the sample picture... I think ours turned out pretty well, don't you??

It's true what parents always say... Time goes so fast and kids seem to grow and change in the blink of an eye! I love that I'll always be able to look back at those sweet little feet from Blake's 1st Christmas :) 

Below are some other fun holiday crafts I plan to try in future years. If you click on the picture, it'll take you to a link with instructions if you need them. I like all of these ideas because they're easy, inexpensive and they'll be great keepsakes!





Based on how much I enjoyed making the reindeer feet, Blake will probably be 15 and I'll be begging him to do Christmas crafts with me... Ha! Sadly, I'm not totally kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment