Friday, December 7, 2012

Funky Friday ~ Let's Get Kinky!

I mean not literally, but I knew this title might get some attention! First off, an admission... I like the spirits. Not the spooky kind or the kind you can't see. I like the spirits that are in my glass! A glass of wine after a long day at work, a skinny margarita when I'm out with girlfriends, a pina colada while sitting in my chair on the beach with my latest read, (or pretty much any other excuse I can come up with to imbibe)! I recently discovered the most delicious liqueur and it's called Kinky! I feel like we're meant to be ~ even more so because it's made and distributed in my own town of St. Paul, Minnesota!


It may have out there for a while, but it's my new discovery and I'm loving it! I've been trying all sorts of recipes (thanks to pinterest), and since it's not realistic to invite you all over for a 'Kinky' party, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you here!


KINKY BUBBLES
Ingredients
2 oz.Champagne
2 oz. Kinky Liqueur
 Directions: Pour chilled Kinky into a Champagne glass then top off with champagne.


KINKY SODA
Ingredients
21/2 oz. Kinky Liqueur
Club Soda
Lemon or Lime for garnish
Directions: Fill glass with ice. Add Kinky and top off with club soda.


KINKY BREEZE
Ingredients
2 oz. Kinky Liqueur
1 oz. Coconut Rum
Splash of Pineapple Juice
Directions: Fill glass with ice.  Add ingredients. Mix and enjoy!


KINKY-TINI
Ingredients
2 oz. Kinky Liqueur
1 oz. Vodka
Orange for Garnish
Directions:  Add ice, Kinky and vodka to shaker. Cap and shake for a few seconds. Strain into chilled martini glass and garnish with an orange twist.


KINKY-RITA
Ingredients
2 oz. Kinky Liqueur
1 oz. silver Tequila
Juice of fresh lime
Lime wedge for garnish
Directions: Add all ingredients into an ice filled shaker. Cap and shake for a few seconds. Strain into a salt-rimmed margarita glass.  Add ice.

I wholeheartedly invite you to try these recipes or the many others shared on the Kinky Liqueur Pinterest page. I'd love to hear what you think of these or share one of your own with me!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment