Friday, December 21, 2012

Funky Friday ~ More Holiday DIY


Have I mentioned I LOVE this time of year??  For the most part I'm usually a day late and a dollar short, so the frantic crowds and last minute hustle and bustle of this week never bothers me at all.   My house is perfectly disorganized and cluttered with things I've seen on Pinterest or my favorite blogs.  I fall in love with them and decide I'm going to make them for myself or one of my cherished friends.  It's a constant frustration for my husband whose daily task is trying to organize my piles in different corners of the house by asking me what he should do with this or that - something or other.  My answer is always a 'Oh, leave that.  I'm going to get to that this week.'  And he does.  And I don't.

So.  Although the crafts are purchased, and the piles in the corners remain, I've decided to save them all for a rainy day and display them next year.  BUT - so all is not lost - I'm sharing a few of my favorites with you.  Maybe you are one of those I aspire to be and have all of your shopping done, cookies baked and presents wrapped and you're wondering what you should do with these last few days before Christmas.  Or maybe you're hosting a get together and are looking for a few simple ideas that will 'wow' your guests.  These should do the trick.

I love this Black and White Christmas Tree from The Inspired Room

The Nesting Place is one of my fav blogs to follow.  She has such cool ideas like this Anthropologie inspired wreath!

I also love these Snow Lantern / Terrariums by The Nester

Love this Wintery Pearl Wreath by Classy Clutter


Another of my favorite blogs is Centsational Girl.  She makes shopping in your own home appealing! Love how she decorates with vessels and vignettes and loving her Holiday Home Tour!

These DIY candle holders from Thifty Decor Chick?  Adorable, inexpensive and beautiful!

And sometimes, when life is crazy busy, it's easier to have someone else do the work for you.  I LOVE this idea for an advent calendar!   The options of what you could put in the little grain sacks are endless and how fun!  Check out Dreamy Whites.  Both their shop and their blog are full of inspiration.

Finally, I can't finish a Holiday post without throwing a little 'beauty' into it.  Another one of my favorite blogs is The Small Things Blog. It's definitely a daily read.  I've never met Kate but somehow, after following her via her blog and instagram, I feel like I know her!  Her hair tutorials are easy to follow and doably awesome!  This one is perfect for the Holidays!

My 'friend' Kate with a perfect Holiday Hair Tutorial!

Here's wishing you and yours the most wonderful and holy Holiday Season filled with incredible love and joy!  

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment