Friday, November 16, 2012

25 Things You Don't Know About Me

Midwest Travel Service is going to be busy doing some important website updates throughout the winter season (...when we're not busy helping you plan fabulous vacations and honeymoons, of course!).

One page we'll be focusing on very soon is the About Us portion. I was trying to complete my bio the other day and was surprised to find that it's really difficult to do for some reason... Everything I wrote seemed very impersonal and 'blah' to me. I thought that kicking off a new blog category called '25 Things You Don't Know About Me' (an idea borrowed from Us Weekly Magazine) would be a fun way to get our interesting quirks and personalities to shine a bit more!

My list is included below to get us started. Every Midwest Travel Service 'escape artist' as well as the owners will be posting one soon too. First, here's a picture of my main men!

Kyle :)
 
Blake :)
Ok, just one more!
So here's my list!
1. As much as I love a good chick flick, action movies are my favorite. They keep me awake and intrigued.

2. I like to listen to funk music because it always puts me in a good mood. I mean, who could be crabby with 'Brick House' or 'Play That Funky Music' on?!

3. I love to cook. Barefoot Contessa recipes never let me down :) I wish I was a better baker though.

4. These days, my favorite part of the day is reading bedtime stories to my eight-month-old son.

5. Saturday is without a doubt my favorite day of the week.

6. I feel the need to organize my clothes by color. That means my husband has to go by that too! He secretly loves it.

7. I tend to be a worrier. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten is to stop worrying about the things I can't control.

8. I am a very slow driver. I'm sure there've been a few people who wanted to run me off the road!

9. I'm a reality show junkie which I totally inherited from my Mom. I love the Real Housewives franchise on Bravo, Survivor and Top Chef.

10. I secretly would've loved to be a dolphin trainer. Too bad I'm a terrible swimmer!

11. I could eat Naan, Hummus and Palak Paneer (Indian food) every single week and never get tired of it.

12. I cry very easily at things on tv, but it takes kind of a lot for me to cry in real-life.

13. I rarely hang up the phone with my husband and/or parents without saying 'I love you.'

14. I love having a candle lit at home. I think it makes it much more cozy~ Pumpkin spice is my favorite in the fall, and balsam or pine in the winter.

15. I don't have a lot of celebrity crushes but for some odd reason, I like Simon Cowell... Kind of embarrassing!

16. I loooove playing Blackjack in Las Vegas. $5.00 tables is my maximum though. I'd be reallly upset thinking about all of the things I could have bought with that hard-earned money instead!

17. I could care less about most shoes but I really like a cute pair of boots.

18. Washington DC is one of my all-time favorite cities. There is so much there to see and learn.

19. I once tried cliff repelling in Utah with my husband and his family. It is definitely the scariest thing I've ever done.

20. My favorite thing to eat around the holidays are cookies. Family favorites include Spritz, Melting Moments and Raspberry Thumbprints. They're fabulous as long as I didn't help bake them!

21. I am a total homebody. A perfect day to me is being at home with Kyle and Blake and not having to go anywhere.

22. I have terrible eyesight but will only wear my glasses to watch stuff at home. The right lens frequently pops out and one of the ear parts has silver duct tape wrapped around it. I refuse to buy new ones because I like the ones I have!

23. I don't entertain on a large scale often but I collect enough glass & tableware to accommodate an army. For whatever reason, I have a hard time resisting pretty wine glasses and holiday dishes.

24. I keep a running To-Do list at all times. I love the feeling of satisfaction that comes from crossing something off the list, even if it's as trivial as running to the cleaners or printing recent pictures of my sweetiepie.

25. I feel grateful every single day to have such a loving family, both immediate and extended. I have no clue know what I would do without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment