Thursday, May 2, 2013

Where the heck have I been!?!?!

Oh my gosh!!  I can't believe it's been over a month since I blogged!  One of the most frustrating things about blogging is finding the time to post!  I have my calendar and notebook full of things I want to share but life has been so crazy busy!  We all know that sometimes the things you love to do are the things that take a back seat to the things you have to do!

Although...don't get out your violin quite yet!  I have been doing lots of the things that I love to do.  And to be totally honest, it's 2 of my favorite things to do...traveling and spending time with my family!  Below is sort of a photo montage of how I've been spending the last several weeks!

The later part of the winter months (scratch that - looking out my window it's apparent that winter is still going on!)  The later part of the first quarter was pretty full with Marissa's dance competitions.  They made it to State so we had lots of fun celebrating her senior year of dance!

I know I'm prejudiced but I think she has the most beautiful smile!


Her team photo taken by one of her coaches, Suzanne Thompson, who also does amazing photography!

Marissa and I at the team banquet along with one of her best friends, Rachel, and her 
mom Nancy. Nancy just happens to be one of my favorite people and lucky for us, 
both our girls are headed to University of Minnesota, Duluth in the fall so we will
 continue to have lots of fun together - (we're already planning our road trips 
to check on our girls!)

Next stop Riviera Maya Mexico and the Barcelo Colonial and Tropical Resort for a super fun and safe spring break for a group of seniors from Eagan High School.  Watch for a blog in the next few weeks where I'll share more details about the trip.  Needless to say we had a blast!  

The girls with their matching tanks - compliments of Midwest Travel Service!

As much fun as Mark looks like he's having...he was NOT the only guy!  That was our
last day and the rest of the guys had either left the day before or earlier flights that day!

My girls Lexie and Marissa - adorable!!

What's better than a family photo in the Caribbean Sea?  Not much! (except a photo that
also includes Kyle, Christina and Blake!)

I love iPhone's except for taking photos! They never seem to come out very clear.

My life is so much more blessed now that it includes my grandson!  Christina has been so busy working with bridal couples, assisting them with their Destination Weddings and Honeymoons so I've been hanging out with Blake!  We also celebrated his first birthday with lots of family and friends.

My favorite way to spend the day!

The birthday boy!

The 'Hungry Little Caterpiller' table of sweets!
For more photos of his special day, check out Christina's blog!

An amazing group of ladies - it's no wonder they're cousins!

Maria's been doing her fair share of traveling as well.  The best part of that for me is her kids usually stay with us!  Hectic? YES!  Love it?  YES! YES!

Hanging out at Old Chicago

Another travel adventure happened a few weeks ago.  My Mom and I sailed the Carnival Splendor to the Island of Bermuda.  I had never been to Bermuda before and I loved it!  So much beauty and history!  Another blog post waiting to be shared!

It was SO cool to sail past Lady Liberty!


The color of the ocean in Bermuda was like nothing I've ever seen before - so pretty!

We had the BEST time together and lots of champagne!!

Another of my favorite things about  - what's supposed to be  - this time of year is SOFTBALL!  I love sunny days watching Lexie do her thing!  Tournament weekends - even better!  Although most of her high school games this spring have been cancelled due to the nasty weather, we have the whole summer ahead of us and many tournaments!  Here's to better weather ahead!

First game of the season (and the first double)!

In this case, I saved the worst for last!  I bartend at the Twins games and my bar is outside.  It has been a miserable start to the season with many layers and frozen fingers!

 - WINTER - GET OUT OF HERE!!!

Selfie of my in the ladies room warming my fingers under the dryer!
I might look happy - but really I'm miserable!

As busy and crazy as my life has been, I am so grateful for each and every part of it!  However, it's time to get back to a more balanced lifestyle.  Here's to a spring/summer of sunshine, good-times and lots of blogging!!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment