Friday, May 3, 2013

Funky Friday ~ Your Nose Will Thank You!

It's supposed to be spring!  I should be looking out my windows and seeing something like this!


There should be a bounce in my step and a smile on my face and I should be feeling light and airy!

Instead - I crab.

And I wait for better days ahead.

And I find other things to be grateful for!

Like Puffs with Vicks!


I discovered them a couple of years ago and fell in love.  Vicks says "If your nose could talk, it would tell you it wants this".  Well, my nose and even my kids are addicted!  And it makes me feel great to know that there's a touch of me in every tissue!  And then they were discontinued and I was crushed.  

About 6 months ago, in the height of cold and flu season, there they were on the shelf again!  We were thrilled and the stock ups began.  Not only are they some of the softest tissues out there, but for allergy sufferers, being able to inhale that great sent of Vicks after a solid nose blowing, is so great!  (I know, I'm weird - but it's the little things, right?)  And we all like to put our best face forward and according to Puffs, their facial tissues have Air-Fluffed™ pillows for 40% more cushiony thickness so we can do just that!

One very important thing to note about these wonderful tissues.  You do NOT want to have them handy while watching a sappy movie or use them to wipe your kids tears.  The sent of the Vicks will burn your eyes and while temporary it does not feel good.

Thankfully they're not that much more expensive than regular Puffs.  Maybe .01 cent per tissue and they're not available just anywhere.  I have seen them at CVS and Walmart.  You also can get them in bulk at Amazon.com.  Better yet, subscribe through Amazon to have them auto-shipped every 1-6 months and save even more!

Since it looks like we're in for a dreary weekend, the outdoor work will have to wait for better days ahead.  That's not the worst thing since I just saw this photo on TotallyTarget.  I love that site because it not only shares with me how to get the best bang for my buck at Target stores, it also shares all sorts of other savings opportunities with me!  Check them out!  Anyway, a whole end cap full of Puffs with Vicks on clearance! For 74 cents a box!  I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

So - that's it!  Give them a try and let me know what you think.  Or better yet, if you're at Target and happen upon an end cap filled with my fav tissues, send me a note and I'll be on my way!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment