Turns out I would have been OK missing that one - poor Gretchen. I don't know what Slade was thinking when he signed her up for that gig. But I was happy that I watched, simply so I could take a peek at the hotel the ladies were staying at, The Cosmopolitan (which just so happens to be one of my favorite drinks as well).
Las Vegas' newest addition to the Strip is all the rage right now. It's great location (next to Bellagio and across from Paris and Planet Hollywood) and stylish decor are sure to please any type of traveler. The Cosmopolitan boasts 52 stories and nearly 3000 rooms, and features a 100,000 square foot casino. It is also the first casino to come up with concept of Casino Cabanas, which give you a more social gambling experience.
The rooms at The Cosmopolitan are gorgeous. Even the entry level rooms (City View) are 460 square feet and have a very luxurious feel. If you can swing it, do a Wraparound Terrace. This is a 1200 square foot room, featuring a 480 square foot terrace, which wraps around the entire suite for in incredible panoramic view of the Strip. It also holds a Japanese soaking tub, and your own washer/dryer.
The Cosmopolitan has three different pool areas, each with a different vibe. The Boulevard overlooks the Strip, and has multi-level areas filled with energy and pizzaz. Bamboo is for those looking for more of a peaceful retreat. Think private, pampering and seclusion. Finally, there is the Day Club pool. By day it is like an adult beach club, and by night it becomes an extension of the nightclub. Beautiful!
|Day Club/Marquee Pool|
I know when people go to Las Vegas they like to walk around and experience as much as they can of the city, but for those that like to stay put, The Cosmopolitan offers a wide range of culinary delights:
- Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar and Grill: American comfort foods, chops and filets, sushi and sashimi
- China Poblano: Chinese/Mexican cuisine
- Comme Ca: French brasserie, handcrafted classic cocktails
- D.O.C.G.: Italian wine bar with pizza, pasta, pastries, cheese and chocolate
- Estiatorio Milos: Mediterranean cuisine with fresh seafood
- Jaleo: Spanish tapas
- STK: Celebrity hotspot steakhouse
- Scarpetta: Italian cuisine
- Va Bene Cafe: Italian coffee bar with salads, paninis and gelato
- The Henry: Tried and true dishes and drinks
- Wicked Spoon: Buffet style
There are four main bar areas as well...one for every night you're there:
- The Chandelier: A high energy hotspot which intersects art and life
- Vesper Bar: A contemporary feel with 1950's glamour - think James Bond!
- Book and Stage: A premier sports book and entertainment venue
- Bond: Combines live performances, house music and LED art
The Cosmopolitan has also come up with a fun concept: the Pop-Up. Their last Pop-Up was a wedding chapel which encouraged passers-by to engage in a ceremony, most of them not being legal, but just for fun (I think Gretchen would have liked that!). But the newest Pop-Up is called the EA Sports Bar. It features nine different living-room style vignettes that each house different top-of-the-line video gaming equipment, so groups can hang out there playing the latest video games right on the Strip! Not my cup of tea, but sounds like Bachelor Party material to me. Can't wait to see what their next concept is!
|The lobby has these unique check-in stations and hundreds of TV screens that display digital art.|
Of course, there is an amazing and luxurious spa and a fabulous nightclub, run by the Tao Group, and they always have entertainment, whether it's the hippest DJ in the country or the latest band. Here is a lineup of some of the upcoming acts:
- May 12: Snow Patrol
- July 7: Foster the People
- July 27: The Fray and Kelly Clarkson
- August 16: FUN.
If you're like the Housewives and you'd rather hang by the pool all day than gamble, here's a little tip...rent a day bed near the pool. It's just a $75 minimum food and beverage charge (easily accomplished in Las Vegas) and you can relax in comfort all day long, retreat to your room for small catnap, then shower up and get ready for a night on the town - just as long as you avoid Gretchen's performance you're sure to have an incredible time!
Good luck and Viva Las Vegas!